Protecting our Residents and Staff at Westminster House Apartments
Protecting our friends, family, staff and residents from the virus has been our primary goal at Westminster House Apartments during the COVID-19 pandemic. While infection control protocol has always been a strong focus in our communities, Westminster House has intensified our efforts to reduce the possibility our residents could contract or spread the novel coronavirus, including:
- Following infection control guidelines
- We have implemented all infection control guidelines for senior living as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Maryland state and local Baltimore City health departments. We are in constant contact with our health officials and cooperate with contact tracing and other efforts to safeguard our residents, visitors and staff.
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Westminster House has made significant investments in PPE to protect our community from the spread of the virus. This investment includes items such as masks, gloves, face shields, goggles, and gowns. Staff are required to wear masks at all times while in the community and on property.
- Educating staff members about infection control
- Constant reinforcement with our staff on the importance of social distancing, wearing masks, washing hands, and other infection control protocol is a cornerstone of our efforts to protect our residents. Visual cues and signs in the community serve as reminders that associates need to take steps to protect themselves from becoming unknowing carriers of the virus, both inside and outside our community.
- Increased sanitation efforts
- Westminster House has always been focused on cleanliness in our apartment community. During the COVID-19 crisis, our maintenance and housekeeping procedures have been heightened to include frequent sanitation using EPA-approved cleaning products that are certified to kill the coronavirus, particularly on high-touch surface.
- Maintaining physical health during a pandemic is critical, but so is a focus on mental health. Westminster House takes care of its residents and offer activities, meals and conversation during the Holiday Season moving into 2021.
- Benefits of Westminster House
- High Rise has its perks: 18-stories for residents to walk the floors, keeping social distance, and exercise in an open environment.
- Access and use of our exercise equipment in our 18th floor solarium room overlooking beautiful views of the city.
- Our own grocery store inside the residence, so no need to have to go outside for groceries.
- Food bank and other programs available who deliver food and necessary essentials to our residents on a weekly basis.
Stay Safe Maryland. For updates on Covid-19 and Maryland, Click here.